WHAT'S NEW, WHAT'S TO COME
Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Tampa held a customary “guitar smash” on Tuesday, May 23 to commemorate the completion of its phase one expansion. The event recognized the property’s recent opening of a new Poker Room, new Mezzanine Level Casino, new Smoke Free Gaming area and new Orient Road Garage.
And we are taking the "Pedal Powered Pub" concept to a whole new level in Tampa and St. Petersburg! Whether you call us a BOAT, call us a BIKE, or call us a PADDLE PUB, one thing you will call us is an unforgettable experience! Come aboard the “Kraken” and see the Bay Area from a whole new perspective. Florida provides both abundant sunshine and beautiful waterways, providing an exciting opportunity for you to get together with friends, family, and co-workers and engage in an incredibly fun, interactive experience that only Kraken CycleBoats can provide!
The Tampa Downtown Partnership, along with many other supporters, have teamed up to bring 100% free rides to Tampa's visitors and residents alike. With their help, we're excited to provide the downtown area with green, fun and effective transportation seven days week. Download the app today and start riding with The Downtowner!
6am - 11pm, Mon - Fri
11am - 11pm, Sat - Sun
MON - THURS:
- 7:00am (6:44am from Cadrecha Plaza to Whiting Station) to 12 noon, every 30 minutes
- 12 noon to 10:00pm, every 20 minutes
FRI & SAT:
- Friday only - 7:00am (6:44am from Cadrecha Plaza to Whiting Station) to 11:00am, every 30 minutes
- Friday and Saturday - 11:00am - midnight, every 20 minutes
- Friday and Saturday - Midnight to 2:00am, every 30 minutes
- 12 noon to 8:00pm, every 20 minutes
Every first Thursday of the month, Curtis Hixon Waterfront Park hosts a free concert for all ages. The concert series starts at 6:30 p.m. and they encourage you to bring your dogs. The event is always a good time, so grab your picnic kit (or grab some food from downtown) and hop on over to listen to some local Tampa talent.
The heart of the Tampa Riverwalk, Waterfront Park is the perfect starting point for a day-venture in downtown Tampa. The park begins with the Tampa Museum of Art, the Glazer Children's Museum, and a ton of the finest restaurants Tampa has to offer. Walk north to the dog park, Straz Center for Performing Arts, or Ulele. Head in the opposite direction and you'll get to the Tampa Convention Center and the TECO Streetcar. The streetcar will bring you to Channelside Plaza featuring The Florida Aquarium and Amalie Arena or stay on a little longer to get to the historic Ybor City. With all the amazing places along this route (and we didn't even get to all of them), you'll have no problem staying busy for the whole day.
In the Works:
Julian B. Lane Riverfront Park:
23 acres of waterfront park directly across from Curtis Hixon will be transformed by February 2018.
- A new river center with a community room, a large shaded deck, storage for rowing shells and dragon boats, a public dock, paddleboard rentals, a riverfront promenade and a sheltered cove where beginners can practice on calm water.
- A large lawn where people at art shows and concerts would have good views of the river and the downtown skyline.
- Tennis, basketball and pickleball courts, plus a lighted, synthetic-turf athletic field with bleachers for soccer, football and lacrosse.
- A family picnic area, a splash pad for children, a fenced children's play area, a dog park and a water taxi stop.
The Manatee Viewing Center is located at 6990 Dickman Road in Apollo Beach. The Manatee Viewing Center is open to the public from November 1 through April 15 each year. During that time, the center is open daily from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. The wildlife observation tower and habitat trails close at 4 p.m. daily. (Note: the center is closed Thanksgiving, at 3 p.m. on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and Easter.) There is no charge for admission and parking is free.
Right Outside the Convention Center
So, as it turns out, our Convention Center area offers much more than just a massive meeting space. We've got a waterfront and dog-friendly bar called the Sail Pavilion. There's a very active dock featuring water bikes (you sit and pedal on the water!), paddle boarding, kayaking, a Pirate Water Taxi, and various other water-worthy adventures. Did we mention this is all connected to our amazing Riverwalk? That means that you are within walking distance of some of Tampa's best attractions and eateries.
Catch up on more about Tampa Bay