Visit Tampa Bay Invites Stakeholders to “Relax Boldly” at Its 37th Annual Meeting
November 2, 2022 by PR@VisitTampaBay.com
Tampa, FL (November 2, 2022) – Visit Tampa Bay celebrated with community stakeholders and partners at a sold-out 37th Annual Meeting today at Armature Works. Guests celebrated an incredibly successful year in Tampa Bay tourism all while experiencing the perfect union of relaxation and exhilaration – known as the ‘Tampa Bay Effect’.
With Visit Tampa Bay’s new marketing campaign setting the backdrop for the occasion, guests were welcomed into a calming oasis with aerial performers and ethereal music before being transformed to high-tempo beats and lighting to emphasize the theme’s bold and invigorating side.
Highlighting the industry’s successes in the 2022 fiscal year and more opportunities on the horizon, Visit Tampa Bay reported tourist development taxes reaching a milestone for the fiscal year totaling $57,843,695. Historic levels of success were met with hotel revenue reaching $963,632,597.
Visit Tampa Bay’s partners elected its new Board Chair, Complex General Manager of Hilton Tampa Downtown Raul Aguilera, and welcomed a new slate of board officers including Chair-Elect, Ray Mathews of State Farm and Secretary/Treasurer Evette Torres of the Aloft & Element Midtown Tampa.
“The Visit Tampa Bay board of directors and advisory board are dedicated to the tourism industry in Hillsborough County and are committed to the economic growth of this premier destination,” says Santiago C. Corrada, President and CEO of Visit Tampa Bay. “We are honored to have the support of our community stakeholders and partners that help us make Tampa Bay thrive.”
Three new and one returning members were inducted into the 2023 Board of Directors:
- Chad Lobner, General Manager, Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa Brandon
- Patrick Sorge, General Manager, HRI Lodging
- Peter Wright, General Manager, Hotel Haya
- Steve Griggs, CEO, Tampa Bay Lightning (returning member)
Visit Tampa Bay also inducted 11 new members to its advisory board:
- Chris Adkins, JW Tampa Marriott Water Street/Tampa Marriott Water Street
- Greg Lovelace, Port Tampa Bay
- Christina Barker, Vinik Family Office
- Dr. Vipul Kabaria, Physician
- Nathan Kilton, Mayor of Plant City
- Michael Maurino, Westshore Alliance
- Crystal Rivera, Floridan Palace Hotel
- AJ Velazquez, Cascade Asset Management Company
- Julio Soto, AAA Travel Agency
- Devin Spaulding, Residence Inn Tampa at USF/Medical Center
- Joe Couceiro, ZooTampa at Lowry Park
The full list of board members and advisory board members can be viewed here.
ABOUT VISIT TAMPA BAY
The heart of Florida’s Gulf Coast beats in Tampa Bay. Visit Tampa Bay encourages adventurous travelers to unlock sun, fun and culture in Florida’s most diverse travel destination. As a not-for-profit corporation certified by Destinations International’s Destination Marketing Accreditation Program (DMAP), we work with hundreds of partners to tell the world the story of Tampa Bay. Treasure awaits.