Visit Tampa Bay Earns 8 Adrian Awards for 2019 Marketing
January 22, 2020 by PR@VisitTampaBay.com
Related Document: Download Document
CMO Patrick Harrison Named Among Top 25 Extraordinary Minds in Marketing
NEW YORK CITY (Jan. 22, 2020) – Visit Tampa Bay added eight new awards to its trophy case at this year’s Adrian Awards – the Oscars of tourism marketing -- presented by HSMAI, the Hospitality Sales and Marketing Association International, in a competition that involved some of the world’s largest and best-known destinations, travel brands and advertising agencies. Visit Tampa Bay won more Adrian Awards than any other Florida destination honored at this year’s ceremony.
Visit Tampa Bay received its awards January 21 at a black-tie banquet at New York’s Marriott Marquis hotel just off Times Square. As part of the evening, Chief Marketing Officer Patrick Harrison, who has directed Visit Tampa Bay’s marketing efforts through five years of unprecedented growth, joined the ranks of HSMAI’s 25 Extraordinary Minds in Sales, Marketing and Revenue Optimization. Visit Tampa Bay President and CEO Santiago C. Corrada was honored among HSMAI’s Top 25 Extraordinary Minds in 2018.
“The Visit Tampa Bay team keeps earning recognition for the incredible work we do bringing the treasures of Florida’s west coast to potential visitors across the U.S. and around the world,” said Santiago C. Corrada, president and CEO of Visit Tampa Bay. “Tourism marketing brings billions of dollars into our community every year and supports more than 50,000 local jobs reaching into every corner of the economy. We could not do this without the investment and collaboration of our industry partners and corporate sponsors who understand the impact tourism has on everyone’s lives. Visit Tampa Bay continues to make Hillsborough County a magnet for more than 23.4 million visitors a year. I’m honored to work with such dedicated partners and such a talented team.”
Visit Tampa Bay earned two Gold, five Silvers, and a Bronze Adrian for its 2019 marketing efforts. The winning projects included:
- Gold Award, Digital Marketing (Integrated B2C Campaign): Tampa’s Treasure Collection. Developed to promote key hotel properties in downtown and Hyde Park to recruit more business from meeting planners.
- Gold Award, Advertising (Global): Regional London Campaign. A free-standing ad campaign developed in collaboration with the Bradenton Area CVB.
- Silver Award, Advertising (Radio-Consumer): “Daydream to Tampa Bay.” Developed with the Tampa Bay Economic Development Corp. as part of the ongoing joint Make It Tampa Bay economic development campaign targeting Millennial entrepreneurs and tech start-ups in the region’s traditional visitor markets of New York, Boston, Chicago, Philadelphia, and Dallas.
- Silver Award, Advertising (Brochure – Group Sales): Tampa Bay’s Multicultural Guide. Magazine-style guide developed to showcase the cultural kaleidoscope of Tampa Bay to promote the region to planners of multicultural meetings, conventions, and events.
- Silver Award, Public Relations (Public Relations Innovation): Tampa’s Table: A Culinary Journey Through Tampa Bay. A cookbook and culinary journal developed in collaboration with 50 local chefs and featuring 60 recipes for everything from appetizers to desserts along with essays by local food experts and features on the history of uniquely Tampa Bay foods such as the Cuban sandwich and guava pastry.
- Silver Award, Advertising (Brochure – Group Sales/Meetings): Tampa’s Treasure Collection. Printed multi-page brochure featuring detailed information about key hotels in downtown and Hyde Park designed to promote Tampa Bay to meeting planners.
- Silver Award, Digital Marketing (Webcast Series): Tampa Memory Makers. Video series spotlighting exemplary members of Tampa Bay’s tourism industry, many of them working on the front lines and having a direct impact on visitors’ experience in the destination.
- Bronze Award, Advertising (Experiential): Norwich City Soccer Takeover. Produced in partnership with UK-based Norwich City FC, including a full branding saturation of the team’s Carrow Road stadium and contests that give Norwich fans a chance to win a trip to Tampa Bay.
About Visit Tampa Bay
The hip, urban heart of Florida’s Gulf coast beats in Tampa Bay. Visit Tampa Bay encourages adventurous travelers to unlock our trove of unique treasures. We are a not-for-profit corporation that works with more than 800 partners to tell the world the story of Florida’s most diverse destination. Treasure awaits.