Built in 1926, Tampa Theatre hosts 600+ events each year, including contemporary films, classic movies, concerts, corporate events, educational programs, weddings and tours. The historic landmark was recently named “One of the Most Spectacular Theaters in the World” by CNN.
Things to Do & See
- Admission Prices: CURRENT FILMS Evening Screenings: $11 – Adults $9 – Children 2-12, Tampa Theatre Members, Seniors, Military Children younger than 2 are Free Matinee Screenings (before 5pm): $9 - General Admission $7 – Tampa Theatre Members Children younger than 2 are Free CLASSICS SERIES FILMS $10 – General Admission $8 – Tampa Theatre Members SILENT FILMS & SING-A-LONG SHOWS $12 – Adults $10 – Children 2-12, Tampa Theatre Members, Seniors, Military Children younger than 2 are Free BALCONY TO BACKSTAGE TOURS $7.50 – Adults $5 – Children 2-12 Tampa Theatre Members and children younger than 2 are Free
- Days/Hours of Operation: Box office is open from 10am-5pm M-F and 1/2 hour before the first show of the day until 1/2 hour after the last show of the day begins evenings and weekends.
- Average length of Stay/Tour: Stay 1 hour
- Credit Cards
- American Express
- Total Capacity (Reception): 300
- Total Number of Meeting Rooms: 1
- Liquor License
- Wheelchair Accessible
- Largest Theatre Capacity: 1,400
- Largest Reception Capacity: 300
Twenty-plus years down the road, the first two Alien movies get grouped together (often under the category header “The Good Alien Movies” – Alien 3 heads, get at me). But it’s hard to overstate...
08/26/2017 - 08/27/2017
Casablanca lands so routinely in listings of the top two or three movies of all time, it’s become almost boring to call it great. It’s the definition of a Hollywood masterpiece. The scenes and the...
In 2010, Tampa Theatre was proud to be one of a few theatres in the world to present the new, complete restoration of Fritz Lang’s silent masterpiece Metropolis , with live accompaniment by renowned...
A movie written by Charlie Kaufman ( Being John Malkovich; Adaptation ), directed by Michel Gondry ( Be Kind, Rewind; The Science of Sleep ), and starring Jim Carrey (you need credits for Jim Carrey?)...
There have been more documentaries made about punk rock than there were people in the audience seeing The Dictators at CBGB in 1975. Turn It Around: The Story of East Bay Punk carves out its own slice...
Snap Judgment, the public radio storytelling phenomena, electrifies Tampa audiences on WUSF 89.7 every week. This fall, WUSF is bringing Glynn Washington and the rest of the Snap Judgment crew to...