Housed in a former 1925 Ybor City macaroni factory, Casa Santo Stefano pays fond tribute to the Sicilian food owner Richard Gonzmart ate every Sunday with his best friend Vincent Palori.
Those Nana-cooked meals provide the inspiration for the pastas, sauces and seafood we feature here, not just Sicilian, but Tampa Sicilian.
The Casa interior design offers a showplace of art and craftsmanship, with custom imported elements around every corner.
Casa also pays tribute to the wave of Sicilian immigrants who -- along with the Cubans and Spanish -- came to Tampa and Ybor City from the neighboring villages of Santo Stefano Quisquina and Alessandria della Rocca looking for a better life.
This restaurant tells their history.
Begun in friendship, nurtured by family and continued in community, our vision of Casa Santo Stefano offers a look back to Sunday suppers, simpler times and shared stories.