WHY WORK FOR VISIT TAMPA BAY?
Visit Tampa Bay is one of the leading Destination Marketing Organizations (DMO) and Convention Bureaus in the state. With a staff of over 50, Visit Tampa Bay strives to promote the city, its partners, conventions, and events. The company is composed of multiple departments, including Marketing, Convention Sales, and Leisure Sales. Each department works hand-in-hand to successfully brand and promote the city for travelers and business.
We are an equal-opportunity employer. At Visit Tampa Bay, we support a culture of teamwork, experimentation, equality, and combining hard work and fun. Our staff gets to work alongside some of the biggest conventions and major events that come to town, along with being located in the heart of downtown Tampa.
VISIT TAMPA BAY
Visit Tampa Bay would like to thank you for your interest in joining our organization. We encourage you to visit our website regularly as all vacancies are posted immediately.
- Supports our regional, national, and international media relations and produces copywriting.
- Market and promote Tampa Bay as a tourism and meetings destination via national and international media.
- Create an integrated approach to media relations in coordination with the overall strategic and marketing goals of Visit Tampa Bay.
- Identify and target appropriate media outlets/contacts for inclusion in media relations initiatives and activities, including publicity blitzes, media calls, special events and news release distribution.
- Manage group media familiarization trips and individual media visits. This includes creating media list, distributing invitations, developing and coordinating the itinerary, conducting on-site visits, and tracking the resulting media coverage for post familiarization accountability report.
- Compile, review, and target annual editorial calendars and weekly editorial leads, responding to media and distributing leads to Visit Tampa Bay partners, as appropriate.
- Maintain and update Tampa Bay press kit and online Media Room.
- Write content for internal Visit Tampa Bay sales and marketing projects such as sales brochures, destination guides, brochures, website, e-mail, and online content.