Tampa Bay History Center
The Tampa Bay History Center - a Smithsonian Affiliate Museum- features three floors of exhibits exploring 12,000 years of Florida history. Experience the stories of Seminole Indians, Cuban cigar rollers, and Teddy Roosevelt's Rough Riders through hands-on exhibits and immersive theater experiences. The History Center is located along the Riverwalk in the heart of Tampa's Channel District and features waterfront dining at the Columbia Cafe and a museum store showcasing local crafts and artwork. One of Tampa's premier cultural attractions, the History Center's cutting-edge, interactive exhibits provide a fun, educational experience for visitors of all ages.
- Days/Hours of Operation: The Columbia Cafe at the Tampa Bay History Center is open daily, 11 a.m.-9 p.m.
- Outdoor Dining
- Private/Group Room
- Full Bar
- Accept Reservations
- Credit Cards
- Full Facility Rental Available
- Cuisine: Cuban
- Average Entree Price Category: $$ = $8 - $15
- Major Credit Cards Accepted
- Live Entertainment/Dancing
- Pets Allowed
Things to Do & See
- Admission Prices: Tickets: Adults - $12.95; Seniors 65+ - $10.95; Youths 13-17 - $10.95; Students with ID - $10.95; children ages 4-12 - $7.95; Children ages 3 and under - free. School groups of 10 or more - $6 per person; Groups of 10 or more - $9 per person; Military Discount*: $2 off regular Adult admission rate. Parking in the Blue Lot (next door to the History Center) is FREE with paid gallery admission during regular museum hours. (Black-out dates may apply). *Applies to all active and retired military members and their families with military ID. Discount cannot be combined with other offers or promotions.
- Days/Hours of Operation: Open daily 10am - 5pm. Closed Thanksgiving and Christmas Day.
- Average length of Stay/Tour: Stay 2.5 hours
- Credit Cards
- American Express
- Internet Access in Meeting Rooms
- Wireless Access in Meeting Rooms
- Inhouse Catering
- Outside Catering Permitted
- Liquor License
- Outdoor Facilities Sq Ft: 1530
- Wheelchair Accessible
- Outdoor Facilities
- Largest Meeting Room Sq Ft: 2697
- Largest Theatre Capacity: 200
- Largest Classroom Capacity: 150
- Largest Banquet Capacity: 200
- Largest Reception Capacity: 500
- Number of Rooms: 6
- Total SqFt.: 6
- Theatre Capacity: 200
- Banquet Capacity: 150
- Classroom Capacity: 40
- Reception Capacity: 625
- Exhibit space: Yes
The History Center's waterfront location is ideal for hosting large groups and small meetings. We offer indoor and outdoor options, access to our museum galleries, and custom menus.
TECO Hall Lykes Atrium Terrace Balcony (outdoor) Patio (outdoor) Classrooms
Meeting Facility Rooms
09/03/2016 - 01/08/2017
“Wilderness, to me, is a spiritual necessity,” says legendary photographer Clyde Butcher. With a career spanning nearly 50 years, Butcher’s work is a celebration of the natural environment, from the...