Florida Museum of Photographic Arts
The Florida Museum of Photographic Arts is dedicated to exhibiting important photographic art as central to contemporary life and culture. FMoPA collects, preserves, and exhibits historic and contemporary works by nationally and internationally known photographic artists.
Things to Do & See
- Admission Prices: Adults $10.00 plus tax; Military, Students and Seniors $8 plus tax Covered parking available Educational courses available First Friday event Part of NARM (North American Reciprocal Museums)
- Days/Hours of Operation: Monday – Thursday 11 am – 6 pm Friday: 11 am – 7 pm Saturday – Sunday: Noon – 5 pm. Guided tours every Sunday: 2pm.
- Credit Cards
- American Express
- Diners Club
- Total Square Footage: 8000
- Total Capacity (Reception): 200
- Total Number of Meeting Rooms: 1
- Largest Classroom Capacity: 60
- Largest Reception Capacity: 200
06/23/2017 - 08/18/2017
Photographers from around the world are able to submit as many images of their choice. Winners will be showcased in the community gallery. The images are juried into 7 different categories: People and...
06/12/2017 - 09/10/2017
A new exhibition featuring some of photography’s most famous female artists will open June 10 at the Florida Museum of Photographic Arts in downtown Tampa. The exhibition, which runs through...
Recurring weekly on Saturday until 09/16/2017
Five Consecutive Saturdays in August and September, from 1 pm – 3 pm Class will meet on: 8/12, 8/19, 8/26, 9/9 and 9/16 Instructors: Pierre and Cathy Dutertre This Business of Art provides...
Recurring weekly on Monday until 08/28/2017
“From random images to unified projects, aesthetically and intellectually, that provides the photographer with a sense of personal achievement ” This 5-week journey of discovery follows everyone’s...
Recurring weekly on Wednesday until 08/23/2017
This session will meet: 4 Consecutive Wednesday evenings, 6-8 pm 8/2/17 8/9/17 8/16/17 8/23/17 This workshop takes a unique approach to the world of photography introducing beginner and intermediate...