St. Jude Walk/Run to End Childhood Cancer Tampa
On Saturday, September 23, 2017, St. Jude supporters in cities across the country will join together to participate in the St. Jude Walk/Run to End Childhood Cancer, an exciting, family-friendly walk and run to raise money for the children of St. Jude.
More than 2,000 St. Jude supporters attended the 2016 Tampa event, raising $257,000. This year, we are anticipating more than 2,500 walkers, and with your help, we hope to raise $300,000 to support the mission of St. Jude.
WHY SUPPORT ST. JUDE CHILDREN’S RESEARCH HOSPITAL?
• St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital is leading the way the world understands, treats and defeats childhood cancer and other deadly diseases.
• Families never receive a bill from St. Jude for treatment, travel, housing, and food – because all a family should worry about is helping their child live.
• St. Jude is working to drive the overall survival rate for childhood cancer to 90 percent in the next decade. We won’t stop until no child dies from cancer.
• Treatments invented at St. Jude have helped push the overall childhood cancer survival rate from 20 percent to more than 80 percent since it opened 50 years ago. We won’t stop until no child dies from cancer.
• Because the majority of St. Jude funding comes from individual contributors, St. Jude has the freedom to focus on what matters most – saving kids regardless of their financial situation.
Date(s): September 23, 2017
Hours: 6:30 AM - 10:00 AM
Admission: Walk $10, 5K Run $20
401 Channelside Dr
Tampa, FL 33602