Tradition and innovation collide in Tampa's cultural core. Historically significant landmarks like the University of Tampa, with its burnished minarets, and the marquee-glowing Tampa Theatre are situation within sight of modern marvels like the lofty cylindrical Rivergate Tower and the Tampa Museum of Art, its perforated metal exterior illuminated by shifting hues of color at night.
- Edison Food + Drink Lab ($$$) American. Our kitchen's forumual is product + technique + creativity. The results are interpretations of everyday food, expertly engineered into current, mondern cuisine.
- Jackson's Bistro, Bar & Sushi ($$) Specializes in waterfront downtown entertaining. Offering prime aged steaks and the freshest seafood and sushi available with two breathtaking views of the Tampa skyline. *Short walk from Marriott Waterside Hotel
SoHo (South Howard) / Hyde Park
South Tampa's metropolitan Hyde Park neighborhood and its SoHo entertainment district reflect the affluent residents as much as the young professional who work and play there. Hyde Park's understated trendiness, made-for-ambling village and perfect date-night atmosphere complement SoHo's vivacious after-dark party vibe, where all types of people meet for lively happy hours or a night on the town.
- Copperfish ($$$) Copperfish offers the finest and freshest regional seafood in America. Copperfish has an outdoor patio overlooknig a luxurious fountain pool and an interior boasting a warm, energetic full-service bar and inviting oyster bar. The winning combination of superior seafood, premiumhand-cut steaks, unparalleled atmosphere and first-rate service has garnered the restaurant a loyal following a storied reputation for value and excellence.
- Elevage ($$$)
- Green Lemon ($)
- Sidebern's (tentative) ($$$)
- Datz ($$)
- The Wine Exchange ($$)
- Boca Kitchen Bar and Market ($$)
Vintage warmth pervades Florida's National Historic Landmark District and evidence of a bygone era is everywhere, from the worn yet stately red brick buildings and wrought-iron scrollwork to the white clapboard casitas, one-time homes of cigar factory families. Ybor wears two hats: a creamy Panama for daytime lunching, shopping, cigar smoking and coffee sipping, and a black fedora for the high-spirited adult playground it becomes at night.
- Columbia Restaurant ($$) Family owned for over 109 years, Columbia is Florida's oldest restaurant, founded in 1905 in Tampa's historic Ybor City. Featuring award-winning Spanish/Cuban cuisine and an internationally acclaimed wine list, with Flamenco dance performances nightly Monday-Saturday. Open daily for lunch and dinner, including all holidays.
- Gaspar's Grotto ($) World famous event venue, pirate bar and restaurant. Serving great Cuban-influenced food and drink. Live entertainment. A truly indigenous Tampa experience not to be missed. In the very heart of Tampa's historic district, Ybor City.
- Tampa Bay Brewing Co. ($$)
Riverside Heights/Seminole Heights
A serene, sun-speckled historic neighborhood full of lovely old bungalows, eclectic retail, gourmet dining, a unique bar scene and a modern bohemian appeal reflected in the abundance of artists, musicians, hipsters and young families.