Tradition and innovation collide in Tampa's cultural core. Historically significant landmarks like the University of Tampa, with its burnished minarets, and the marquee-glowing Tampa Theatre are situation within sight of modern marvels like the lofty cylindrical Rivergate Tower and the Tampa Museum of Art, its perforated metal exterior illuminated by shifting hues of color at night.
- Edison Food + Drink Lab ($$$) American. Our kitchen’s formula is product + technique + creativity. The results are interpretations of everyday food, expertly engineered into current, modern cuisine. MENU
- Jackson's Bistro, Bar & Sushi ($$) Specializes in waterfront downtown entertaining. Offering prime aged steaks and the freshest seafood and sushi available with two breathtaking views of the Tampa skyline. MENU
SoHo (South Howard) / Hyde Park
South Tampa's metropolitan Hyde Park neighborhood and its SoHo entertainment district reflect the affluent residents as much as the young professional who work and play there. Hyde Park's understated trendiness, made-for-ambling village and perfect date-night atmosphere complement SoHo's vivacious after-dark party vibe, where all types of people meet for lively happy hours or a night on the town.
- Copperfish ($$$) Copperfish offers the finest and freshest regional seafood in America. Copperfish has an outdoor patio overlooking a luxurious fountain pool and an interior boasting a warm, energetic full-service bar and inviting oyster bar. MENU
- Elevage ($$$) 2012 James Beard Best Chef South Semi-Finalist, Executive Chef Chad Johnson reexamines classic cuisine from around the world and elevates it with a modern twist. Developed out of Bern’s Steak House traditions, this new restaurant continues to do things differently with great pride and passion. At Élevage, attention is paid to every detail. MENU
- Green Lemon ($) The Green Lemon is a cocina Latina and tapas joint that is tailored for those who are looking for much more than Bud Light and bean burritos. In addition, outside the bright neon-green bar cooler, is a row of twelve primarily import draft beers, fifty tequilas, and eleven fresh fruit purees. MENU
- Datz ($$) An American gastropub and market dishing up regional comfort food favorites generously paired with craft beer, boutique wine and artisanal cocktails. MENU
- The Wine Exchange ($$) This Tampa jewel of 24 years offers creative cuisine, along with full liquor bar, at least 40 different wines by the glass and 200 more by the bottle. MENU
- Boca Kitchen Bar and Market ($$) Local, simple and honest. A meal here might be one or two items for one person or several items served up to share with companions or your neighbor seated at the bar. MENU
Vintage warmth pervades Florida's National Historic Landmark District and evidence of a bygone era is everywhere, from the worn yet stately red brick buildings and wrought-iron scrollwork to the white clapboard casitas, one-time homes of cigar factory families. Ybor wears two hats: a creamy Panama for daytime lunching, shopping, cigar smoking and coffee sipping, and a black fedora for the high-spirited adult playground it becomes at night.
- Columbia Restaurant ($$) Family-owned for over 109 years, Columbia is Florida’s oldest restaurant, founded in 1905 in Tampa’s historic Ybor City. Featuring award-winning Spanish/Cuban cuisine and an internationally acclaimed wine list, with Flamenco dance performances nightly Monday-Saturday. MENU
- Gaspar's Grotto ($) World-famous event venue, pirate bar and restaurant. Serving great Cuban-influenced food and drink. MENU
- Tampa Bay Brewing Co. ($$) Tampa Bay Brewing Company has a line of 8 core and 38 seasonal proprietary beers. To complement our beer, we also have a unique menu that goes well beyond your typical pub fare. Many menu items are beer-infused; they feature and highlight the signature Tampa Bay Brewing Company beers to create award-winning entrees and appetizers. MENU
Riverside Heights/Seminole Heights
A serene, sun-speckled historic neighborhood full of lovely old bungalows, eclectic retail, gourmet dining, a unique bar scene and a modern bohemian appeal reflected in the abundance of artists, musicians, hipsters and young families.