Visit Tampa Bay Unveils ‘Golden Rule’ 2019 Campaign
February 7, 2019 by PR@VisitTampaBay.com
New “Florida’s Most” campaign marks important firsts in U.S., international markets
TAMPA (February 12, 2019) – “Do unto others,” that’s the start of the Golden Rule we all learn as kids. Visit Tampa Bay has unveiled its own version of the Golden Rule: “Thou shalt discover the treasure waiting in the hip, urban heart of Florida’s west coast.”
The $950,000 campaign “Golden Rule” Out-of-State marketing campaign blazes new ground for DMOs through streaming services like Roku, ride-sharing services, and solar-powered recycling kiosks. Created by Clearwater-based FKQ Advertising + Marketing, the vibrant, new Golden Rule campaign forms the core of Visit Tampa Bay’s marketing in key legacy markets such as Chicago, Dallas and Toronto, recently added markets New York and Philadelphia, and a returning market – Boston. It’s also the foundation of Visit Tampa Bay’s social media advertising and of its first-ever joint campaign with Visit Bradenton Gulf Islands and Visit Florida that launched Feb. 4 in London.
“The Golden Rule” builds on big, bold images boxed in by Visit Tampa Bay’s branded Ybor Gold and features the destination’s blue skies, sparkling water, family fun and unique Cuban history. The award-winning campaign’s “Florida’s Most” icon has switched from a large, circular badge to a more subdued blue rectangle that lets the imagery take center stage.
“We continue to position Tampa Bay as Florida’s Most dynamic destination,” said Santiago C. Corrada, President and CEO of Visit Tampa Bay. “Our combination of authentic Florida experiences helps us stand apart from the competition. This campaign drives that home in a way that captures travelers’ imaginations and inspires them to make their next Sunshine State getaway here in the hip, urban heart of Florida’s west coast.”
The campaign gives Visit Tampa Bay’s award-winning “Florida’s Most” identity a new streamlined look and larger visual elements to draw attention to the destination as an urban, authentic vacation location that appeals to adventurous, culture-seeking travelers. The visual elements include paddleboarders on the Hillsborough River, Ybor City cigar rollers, craft beer, and the culinary creativity Tampa Bay has become known for nationwide.
As part of this year’s campaign, Visit Tampa Bay is:
- Among the first destinations to promote itself to specific markets through Discover Inc.’s Connected TV network with thirty-second ads running on streaming services such as Roku, Hulu and network apps.
- Working for the first time with Carvertise to wrap Uber and Lyft vehicles in its key markets, creating a fleet of rolling advertisements carrying Tampa Bay’s message of sun, blue skies, and urban adventure.
- Building on earlier success in Philadelphia with 7.5-second slow-motion videos running on digital bus shelters and with placements on digital panels in high-income, high-traffic parts of Center City.
- Relaunching in Boston after a two-year break with a strong presence on more than 99 solar-powered recycling kiosks and on 7-foot vertical street kiosks.
- Returning to Chicago, Dallas, New York and Toronto with high-profile placements on key elements of those cities’ transit systems, including the Path train in New York and New Jersey and the “L” in Chicago, to put Visit Tampa Bay’s message in front of commuters every day.
Visit Tampa Bay’s 2018 Out of State campaign directly generated $53 million in local revenue, according to industry analyst H2R Market Research Inc. Overall return on investment was $77 for every dollar spent. Visit Tampa Bay’s joint marketing with online travel agency Expedia and hotel room consolidator Booking.com, brought in another 1 million leisure room-nights to the destination.
“Tampa Bay’s blend of culinary discoveries, sparkling water, Cuban culture, family fun, and true Florida history makes us a natural fit for families seeking fresh experiences and new adventures,” Corrada said. “The results of last year’s campaign show definitively that they are responding strongly to our message.”
About Visit Tampa Bay
The hip, urban heart of Florida’s Gulf coast beats in Tampa Bay. Visit Tampa Bay encourages adventurous travelers to unlock sun, fun and culture in Florida’s most diverse travel destination. We are a not-for-profit corporation that works with 800 partners to tell the world the story of Tampa Bay. Treasure awaits.