Thank God it's Friday, right? We here at Tampa Bay & Co. have some things to do in Tampa Bay this weekend if you want to get out and have fun in the area!
Arts & Culture in Tampa
1. Check out the Tampa Museum of Art's newest exhibition "Bit, Byte, Dot, Spot: postdigital art" at its temporary location at 2306 N. Howard Ave. The exhibit features artists and teachers from Florida colleges who work in mixed media modern art. Check it out with the kids!
2. Tampa's Museum of Science and Industry always has something fun and educational going on! Take advantage of the weekend to check out the special Bodies exhibit at MOSI with the family to see first hand how your body works. Tickets can be purchased here. Go after dark for a really cool experience!
If you're not up for the Bodies exhibit, still be sure to take a family trip to MOSI to experience the High Wire bicycle challenge or a Gulf Storm simulator! Details here.
3. Looking for something a bit different? If you like, or have never seen, modern dance then it's the perfect weekend to go see the New Grounds dance concert at USF. The show is comprised of student dancers and professionals and is sure to be spectacular. It takes place at Theatre 2 on the University of South Florida Campus on Saturday the 16th from 2pm-4pm. Tickets are $15 for the general public, $10 for students and seniors.
4. For those of you who enjoy YBOR City on the weekends and are looking for some Tampa bay nightlife, this is for you! "Closet Art" will be at Czar Vodka Bar in Ybor on Saturday night from 6pm-midnight. What is Closet Art? Back to Black is celebrating the basic cotten Tshirt by providing awesome digital designs to choose from that will then be screened on to the tshirt of your choice for $20 each. So go get a cool, unique tshirt while enjoying drink specials and music by DJ Muggles.
1. Need some comic relief after your long week? No problem! Larry Miller is in town at Side Splitters Comedy Club at 12938 North Dale Mabry. You'll recognize him as the father in "10 Things I Hate About You," "Waiting for Guffman," "Princess Diaries I & II," "Pretty Woman," and countless other roles. Sure to have you doubled over, Larry Miller will be performing Friday at 8pm and Saturday at 8pm & 10pm. Must be 18 to go, 21 to drink. Tickets are $22 ahead or at the door, $27 for preferred seating. Check out the site for more info.
2. RAIN, the Beatles cover band, is here at the Tampa Bay Performing Art Center all weekend! Check out the tribute band on Saturday at 2pm and 8pm and Sunday at 2pm and 7pm. For tickets, go to the TBPAC website (range from $40-$58 depending on seating
Angels and Demons!That's right, all you Dan Brown fans. Angels and Demons comes out today Friday, May 15th! If you liked The Da Vinci Code, you'll certainly love this next Dan Brown movie containing the same kind of exciting twists and historical mystery. So check it out at your local theatre at some point this weekend...but get there early because seats are bound to be packed full!
Where to Eat
This weekend try a dinner at Pelagio Trattoria at 4200 W Columbus Drive, voted the number 1 restaurant in Tampa Bay by Creative Loafing. If that's not your style, check out our restaurant directory for some ideas on a new place to try!