For those of you that were paying attention to me yesterday when I was going Twitpic crazy yesterday around lunch time, I was doing that at this great Tampa Bay dining establishment with a colleague of mine.
Now I have been to dinner before at this place and the food has always been amazing, in addition to some top class service from the staff, but after a candid conversation with the general manager and chef yesterday, my opinion has been altered forever.
I truly just thought this was a great place to bring a date, or for special occasions...boy was I wrong! But this is one of those cases where I was glad to be wrong, and in the process get a full stomach while doing so.
To start, I wasn't aware that Timpano was open for lunch, and they have a very smart and great lunch menu, designed around getting you in and out quickly for your lunch break, but at the same time with a full stomach. Enter the "Lunch in a Rush Menu," which as I said before is designed to get you in and out fast. If you are in a hurry, Chef Antoine Ludcene recommends you try any of these, just to name a few:
- Rat Pack Lunch Boxes - Not an actual lunch box, (even though that would be cool) these quick awesome meals are sure to get you full and out the door quickly!
- Sliders - Very tasty slider menu, I would highly recommend the Chicken Parmesan Slider!
- Paninis - Choose from turkey, chicken, and steak!
- Salads - For the health conscious lunch-goer, very tasty salads!
As for my entree, I went for the fettuccine with grilled chicken breast, and I don't have the words to describe how tasty that was. I actually have leftovers from that which I am looking forward to tackling here at lunch today!
Now the fun doesn't just stop at lunch folks, our friends over at Timpano, like to make a big night out of every night. some of the everyday features include:
- A La Carte Brunch on Saturday and Sunday 11 am - 2pm with a make your own Bloody Mary Bar.
- Tuesday Nights Ladies Night from 5pm-12 with $3 Martinis, Wine and Champagne and complimentary chef appetizer
- Wednesday is Champagne & Oyster night with 1/2 off Oysters and $3 Champagne
So whether you want to have lunch, dinner, music, or simply sit down and have a glass of red or white wine, they don't disappoint one bit! So what the heck are you waiting for people, call and make a reservation, or simply stop by! Be sure to tell them that I sent you!
That's it for now folks but stay tuned in for more Tampa Bay nightlife updates from Jerm!