Hello basketball fans, top of the morning to ya! Josh Jones here with a Tampa Bay Sports Update for ya!
Men’s college basketball returns to the St. Pete Times Forum on December 10th with an action-packed doubleheader featuring four top tier programs in Florida, Syracuse, Mississippi State and DePaul.
• Tipping off Thursday, Dec. 10, at the St. Pete Times Forum in Tampa, DePaul will take on Mississippi State at 6:30 p.m. ET on ESPN2, followed by #8 Syracuse vs. # 13 Florida at 9 p.m. ET on ESPN.
• Fans interested in attending this exciting basketball doubleheader at St. Pete Times Forum can purchase tickets online at Ticketmaster.com or charge by phone by calling the St. Pete Times Forum box office at (800) 745-3000. Ticket prices are $40, $25 and $15.
The undefeated Florida Gators currently rank #13 in the AP Top 25, while the also undefeated Orangemen of Syracuse currently hold the #8 spot drawing the national spotlight to this highly touted matchup. Mississippi State (5-2) and DePaul (5-2) also look to surge into the top 25 with big victories.
Florida and Syracuse are meeting for the third time in the last five years with each team having a victory (UF in 2005 and Syracuse in 2008). Syracuse leads the all-time series between the two schools, 2-1.
The Gators will be making their fifth appearance in the building since 2003. UF reached the Second Round of the 2003 NCAA Tournament at the St. Pete Times Forum, picked up non-conference wins in 2006 and 2007 and reached the quarterfinals of the SEC Tournament at the building in March. Meanwhile, Mississippi State will make their return to Tampa for the first time since winning the 2009 SEC Tournament Championship.
For more information on the tournament, please visit www.secbigeastinvitational.com, and stay tuned in for more news on Tampa Bay area events and things to do in Tampa Bay!
- 5 Ways to Unlock Tampa Bay (344)
- Arts & Culture (136)
- Attractions (14)
- Cruise (9)
- Dining & Nightlife (172)
- Family Fun (18)
- Festivals & Events (283)
- gasparilla (1)
- Holiday (1)
- Hotels (40)
- Meetings & Conventions (65)
- Pirate (1)
- Reasons to Visit Tampa Bay in October (1)
- Sports & Outdoor Recreation (108)
- TalkLikeAPirate (1)
- Tampa Bay Gems (5)
- Things to Do (14)
- This Week in Tampa Bay (285)