Good afternoon arts and culture cravers and lovers of the arts!
Presented by Opera Tampa and serving as the company’s 18th season, the Florida Opera Festival will have an international flair and will be an exciting, vibrant time filled with grand opera, beautiful music and fun-filled events to delight both opera aficionados and opera newcomers.
Newly appointed Artistic Director and Conductor Daniel Lipton will bring his international sensibility and years of worldwide experience to the Florida Opera Festival.
Lipton has gathered singers, directors and others, whose resumes boast acclaimed performances on the world’s leading operatic stages.
The Florida Opera Festival continues through March 10, 2013. Remaining festival events include:
- Feb. 7, at 7:30 p.m. and Feb. 9 and 10, at 2 p.m. – Giuseppe Verdi’s A Masked Ball
- Feb. 9 – Opera Tampa Gala
- Feb. 14, at 7:30 p.m. and Feb. 16 and 17, at 2 p.m. – POPera!
- Feb. 16, at 6:30 p.m. – Meet the cast of POPera!
- Feb. 18, at 6:30 p.m. – Meet the cast of La Bohème
- Feb. 21 and 27 and March 4, 7-9 p.m. – Open Rehearsals for La Bohème
- Feb. 22, at 8 p.m. – Bon Appétit
- March 1, at 8 p.m. – Katherine Jenkins with special guest Nathan Pacheco
- March 3, at 2 p.m. – Sunday Afternoon at the Movies: Moonstruck
- March 7, at 6 p.m. – La Bohème Pre-performance Reception
- March. 7, at 7:30 p.m. and March 9 and 10, at 2 p.m. – Giacomo Puccini’s La Bohème
- March 10, at noon – La Bohème Sunday Pass Pre-performance Brunch
The performances of A Masked Ball, La Bohème and POPera! are presented by the Helen Torres Foundation.
Single tickets and season ticket packages are available in person at the Straz Center Ticket Office, by calling 813.229.STAR (7827) or outside the Tampa Bay area at 800.955.1045, or by visiting www.strazcenter.org or www.operatampa.org.
Thats all for now, but for more updates on Tampa Bay area events, check out the calendar of events at our website!