Hello there folks! Jerm here with an update for you on an awesome festival coming this month!
Saturday March 10 and Sunday March 11, Join the Ruskin Southshore chamber of Commerce as they promote the awareness and preservation of the West Indian Manatee at the Manatee Festival of the Arts! The festival will celebrate its 20th anniversary with visual, performing, and even culinary arts!
The Apollo Beach Manatee Festival of the Arts is an innovative showcase of fine arts and fine crafts which draws talent from all across the country. The exhibitor's area offers visitors an opportunity to meet and interact with artists - to view their works and purchase art from the individual who created it.
There is also a Children's Creativity Center, live musical performances, special environmental exhibits, a Culinary Arts program and a free shuttle to the Tampa Electric Manatee Viewing Center to view the gentle manatee in their winter habitat and a variety of foods to tempt any palette. This is an excellent venue to display and sell art in a relaxed and comfortable setting.
Here are some of the details of the event below!
Dates: Saturday, March 10, 2012, 10 AM - 5 PM; Sunday, March 11, 2012, 10 AM - 5 PM
Location: Tampa Electric Company South Shore Community EventsCenter,
Dickman & Noonan Branch Roads,
Apollo Beach, FL 33572
Admission: $5 Adults; Children 10 and under free - Includes free parking and free shuttle to Manatee Center & Overflow parking lot. Park at the Elementary School at the corner of Dickman & Apollo Beach. Take the shuttle. Avoid the traffic.
- Approximately 90 juried fine artists and craftsmen from across the country
- Patrons Program for the art enthusiast, which includes a preview party
- Children's Creativity Center with hands-on arts and crafts
- Free Shuttle Service to the Manatee Viewing Center from the Festival and parking sites
- Wide variety of food and beverage vendors.
- Non-profit organizations on hand to educate and show ways to protect wildlife, boating, environment and other causes
This is gonna be a great event for families and all so be sure to come out and enjoy! That's all for now, but stay tuned in for more updates on things to do in Tampa Bay!