Everyone loves a three-day weekend, but this weekend in particular, it’s important not to forget the reason. Memorial Day is a time to remember Americans who died while serving in the armed services.
As a way of saying thank you, attractions throughout Tampa Bay are offering discounts to servicemen and women and their families.
- Free admission to Lowry Park Zoo on Monday, May 25
- In honor of Memorial Day, members of the military (active-duty, retirees and veterans) and up to three direct dependents are invited to visit the Zoo for free on May 25. The military member will need to show a valid military photo ID at the Zoo’s ticket windows. Click for more information.
- Free general admission to the Tampa Bay Margarita Festival with military ID
- Free and reduced tickets to the Florida Aquarium
- This Memorial Day weekend, any active duty, veteran, retired or drilling reservist or National Guard members of military will receive two free admissions to the Aquarium. Up to four family members can also receive a special $10 per person Aquarium admission price.
- Free admission to Busch Gardens or Adventure Island
- This one isn’t just for this weekend. With advanced registration, active duty military members receive one free single-day admission ticket for themselves and up to three dependents. The offer expires on December 31, 2015.
- Free admission to the Tampa Museum of Art and MOSI all summer long
- From Memorial Day through Labor Day, active duty military personnel and their families will receive free admission to the Tampa Museum of Art and MOSI.
There’s plenty of other activities going on this weekend in Tampa Bay, check out this list of concerts, festivals, ceremonies and tributes.