Hello everyone! Another week, another conference! Tampa Bay & Company is excited to welcome The Florida Planning and Zoning Association to the Hyatt Regency Tampa for its 57th Annual Conference June 10-13. The Florida Planning and Zoning Association (FPZA) is a statewide nonprofit organization comprised of people dedicated to planning and developing a quality Florida. It is also Florida’s oldest professional planning organization. This year’s conference theme is Urban Places Rural Spaces: Planning for Tomorrow.
Key highlights include:
* Rebuilding Place in the Urban Space: This panel is discussing the revitalization of downtown Tampa
* Post Disaster Redevelopment: How Hillsborough County is planning for the
comprehensive long-term redevelopment of the community after a disaster.
* Sustainable Design Assessment Team (SDAT): This program focuses on the importance
of developing sustainable communities through design
* 2009 Legislative Update: Learn what happened during the 2009 legislative session!
* Transportation: This will include a panel discussion of transportation issues including
local and regional impacts.
* Channel District Mobile Tour: Ride the street car to view and learn about the
revitalization of the Channel District area in Tampa
For more information on the conference, please click here. Thanks for welcoming all the attendees to our wonderful city! Until next week, Rachel Kardos signing off for Tampa Bay & Company. Have a super weekend!