Hi guys, Julian here with more great stuff to do on father's day: As a gift to all Fathers, there will be free admission to the Henry B. Plant Museum on Father's Day, June 20th from 12 noon – 5 pm! Come to the Museum and escape to the former Tampa Bay Hotel. Are you aware that the former Tampa Bay Hotel was touted as the only fireproof building south of Baltimore? It is made of brick, concrete from crushed Florida oyster shells and the walls are reinforced with steel cables that were left over from the Brooklyn Bridge. The mahogany throughout the Museum is from Cuba, the light bulbs are reproductions of the Thomas Edison carbon filament light bulb and the furnishings are from all over the world. Don’t miss this most unforgettable journey…find out what it is like to be a time-traveler!
The top 5 Experiences for Dad at the Henry B. Plant Museum
1. Save money with free admission to the Museum.
2. Investigate why Teddy Roosevelt brought his Rough Riders, in 1898, to the Tampa Bay.
3. Stroll through Plant Park and walk down to the Hillsborough River to see downtown’s skyline.
4. Discover who is Henry Plant, the man behind the Tampa Bay hotel, while listening to a handheld audio tour.
5. Escape to the world of the late Victorian period, waltzing on the veranda and alligator hunting by moonlight!
Henry B. Plant Museum is located next to downtown, on The University of Tampa campus at 401 W. Kennedy Boulevard. For additional information visit www.plantmuseum.com. Parking is free in front of the Museum or in the Thomas Parking Garage.
So I think you really should go there and check it out! Come back for the freshest info on Golf Tampa Bay, Tampa Bay Resorts, and the World Cup in USA!