Hello there folks and Happy Monday to you all! It's almost Christmas time, and before you know it, it will be time for us all to ring in the new year! So in addition to all of the other NYE events going on, I wanted to drop in and tell you about another!
Carmel Café & Wine Bar, Tampa Bay’s newest and most exciting wining and dining concept, and Jerm's personal fave will offer a select menu of Mod Med dishes and optional wine pairings for duos of diners to share while welcoming in the New Year.
The four-course menu can be had for the bargain price of $35 per couple or parties of two can choose the same selection of dishes paired with fine wines for $75. The New Year’s Eve menu and recommended wines by the glass are as follows:
- Roasted Red Pepper Muhamarra (spread) and Grilled Lemon Chicken & Artichoke Flatbread paired with Louis Perdier Champagne, Brut Creman de Bourgone, France NV
- Choice of Carmel Café House and Black Olive Caesar salads or Tomato Basil and Minestrone Verde soups paired with Indaba Chardonnay, Western Cape South Africa 2010
- Choice of Moroccan Lemon Chicken, Steak Frites, Braised Short Ribs or Basil Grilled Salmon paired with Belle Glos, Meiomi, Sonoma/Monterey/Santa Barbara, 2008
- Choice of one to share: Almond-Grilled Pound Cake with Strawberries & Whipped Cream, Chocolate Lava Cake or Chocolate Truffle Lollipops with Amarena Cherries and Custard.
As far as entertainment goes, John Barney will perform in Clearwater and Ben Bryan in Carrollwood, both from 9 p.m. until midnight.
Reservations for New Year’s Eve are recommended and are now being accepted at both Carmel Café & Wine Bar locations:
- Clearwater Carmel Café & Wine Bar, 727-724-4228,
- 2548 McMullen Booth Road (Northwood Plaza)