Hey Tampa Bay, Melissa here to let you know that Camp Bayou will hold its Holiday Open House on Saturday, December 4th from 9am to 2pm. The activities won’t stray far from the normal programs held throughout the year the camp and will be family friendly.
Throughout the day there will be different exhibits and areas for guests to visit:
• Paleo Preserve Fossil Museum open
• Leisey-Casey Discovery Center open
• Fossil pit dig (for small fee)
• Fossil Show and Sale
• Nature Center open
• Art Show and Sale
• Photography contest display/awards
• Nature activity/crafts stations
• Geocache/Letterbox Treasure Hunt
• 3 trails through varied habitats
• Native plants for sale
• Native Peoples Camp
• Fishing Cabins showcased
• Storytelling on the Bayou
• ‘Green’ Information
• Eagle Audubon Butterfly Habitat
That’s quite a bit to choose from, so whether you are into nature, art or history, you will find something that you will enjoy.
If you’re more into following a schedule, there’s a play by play of activities below…
9am: Guided walking Tour begins at Visitor’s Center
9am– 1:30pm: Highlight Cart Tours– 20 min tours on 7 passenger cart every half hour
10am: Compost workshop led by Hillsborough County Cooperative Extension
10:30 am: Aquatic Explorations – Join our naturalist to net critters in the river.
11 am: Rainbarrel Workshop led by Hillsborough County Cooperative Extension
Noon: Holiday BBQ– ‘Members Only’ BBQ. The main dish will be provided by Camp Bayou with side dishes supplied by members.
1pm: Guided walking Tour begins at Visitor’s Center.
More info about this event, with a downloadable flyer can be found at http://www.campbayou.org/
Don’t forget to keep checking here for all about more amazing Tampa Bay Area events.
- 5 Ways to Unlock Tampa Bay (344)
- Arts & Culture (136)
- Attractions (14)
- Cruise (9)
- Dining & Nightlife (172)
- Family Fun (18)
- Festivals & Events (283)
- gasparilla (1)
- Holiday (1)
- Hotels (40)
- Meetings & Conventions (65)
- Pirate (1)
- Reasons to Visit Tampa Bay in October (1)
- Sports & Outdoor Recreation (108)
- TalkLikeAPirate (1)
- Tampa Bay Gems (5)
- Things to Do (14)
- This Week in Tampa Bay (285)