Normally, these two events by themselves are enough for families and individuals to attend and very much enjoy, but now that they are working together, its just gonna be that much more awesome.
If you don't believe me that Criterium is going to be super awesome, here are some little tidbits of info you should be aware of:
- bike races all day long culminating with a professional race at dusk
- live music from a stage
- food and beverage with a focus on local companies
- kids area including a bike rodeo to teach kids safe biking skills, bounce house, climbing wall, etc.
- wellness area including fitness demonstrations, healthy cooking demos and more
- exhibitors with a “green” or biking-related theme
- “Celebrity” fun races and a community cycling parade
For you biking enthusiasts, I even heard that there will be valet bike parking, which is a cool concept that I had never heard of before yesterday. I will be out there this Saturday hanging out and enjoying the festivities, so I hope to see everyone out and enjoying two great events in downtown Tampa!
That's it for now, but stay tuned in for more Tampa Bay area events and check back for more ECOFestival and Criterium related things to do in Tampa Bay this week!