The rebirth of Tampa Heights' waterfront Armature Works building just north of downtown now includes a star of South Tampa's restaurant scene.
Ava, Hyde Park's critically acclaimed Italian restaurant, will join the collection of eateries now assembling at the soon-to-open The Heights Public Market. The Heights will be Ava's second location.
Ava's executive chef Joshua Hernandez is creating a menu of pizzas, salads and paninis exclusive to the market. They'll be cooked in a 900-degree, wood-fired, Italian-made Acunto oven.
Ava will join previously announced partners in The Heights Public Market:
- Ichicoro Ramen – A mod casual authentic Ramen restaurant, serving soulful, delicious food and beverages.
- Union by Commune + Co – A local coffee company that has a fleet of trikes sharing the company’s flagship iced coffee product, Pressure Brew, at area events.
- Tailored Twig – A floral boutique that specializes in one-of-a-kind pieces for distinctive events.
- Chocolate Pi – A bakery focusing on pastries and cakes made in the European tradition with American creativity.
- Fine and Dandy – A cocktail emporium focusing on package sales, craft cocktail kits and classes.
- Steelbach Ranch – A boutique butcher with charcuterie and artisan cheeses.
The 70,000 square foot Armature Works building was once the storage and maintenance facility for Tampa’s streetcars. After decades of disuse, it is being restored and repurposed to house The Heights Public Market, multiple event spaces, a shared workspace, a rooftop social area and two restaurants. An extension of the Tampa Riverwalk will bring downtown visitors to its doors by foot or bike. Nearby docks give the site excellent access from the water.
The Heights Public Market will offer an array of unique food concepts by local restaurateurs and chefs: distinctive cocktails, craft beers, baked breads and gourmet sandwiches, savory noodles, the finest cheeses and charcuterie, coffee, fresh flowers, pizza, and a bakery full of desserts.
The market will also feature an interactive kitchen, called Show + Tell, that will host educational cooking classes, corporate team-building activities and pop-up dinners in collaboration with The Heights Public Market tenants.
Three more tenants will be announced soon to fill out The Heights Public Market.
And adjacent to the building will be the recently announced Atlantic Beer & Oyster, which will showcase a rotation of East Coast, West Coast and Gulf Coast oysters, as well as fresh shrimp, smoked fish dip and its signature grouper sandwich. The outdoor eatery will also showcase local breweries.