Ray Bans? Check.
Kenny Loggins soundtrack on cassette? Double check.
Red 1961 Ferrari 250GT?
Ohhhh ... yeahhhh.
If you're a child of the 80s, Tampa Bay's historic movie palace is going to be the only place you'll want to be on Sundays in January and February.
And if you're a child of a child of the 80s, now's your chance to find out what all the fuss is about when your parents hear that Simple Minds song on the radio.
The festival kicks off Jan. 4 with "Ferris Bueller's Day Off," the film that taught us 80s kids three important things: we need to stop and look around at life once in a while so we don't miss it; licking your palms is a great to fake being sick; and you can't unwind miles on your dad's priceless sportscar by running it backwards. There was also something about the Smoot-Hawley Tariff, but we weren't really paying attention.
After that, the list covers some of the biggest movies of the decade.
Tom Cruise -- the biggest movie star of the decade -- gets two shots with "Rain Man" and "Top Gun."
There's also some "where are they now actors?" (Molly Ringwald comes to mind) in "Blade Runner," "Airplane!" and "The Breakfast Club."
No trip to the 1980s would be complete with out movies by Kevin Bacon ("Footloose") back when he was just starting on his six degrees of separation. And, of course, John Cusack ("Better Off Dead").
How ready are you for Tampa Theatre's eight weeks of classic 80s movies? Fill in the blanks:
1. When Cameron was in Egypt's land ... ____________.
2. I'm an excellent ___________.
3. You won't get any ________ here. It's illegal.
4. I want my ________ dollars!
5. I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time...like tears in ______...
6. Roger, Roger. What's our vector, _______?
7. I feel the need ...The need for _________!
8. Don't mess with the bull, young man. You'll get the _______.
Got them all right? Abe Froman, the sausage king of Chicago, would be proud.
Missed a few? You're still a righteous dude.
You want the answers*? Surely, you can't be serious.
*(OK, OK. Here they are: 1. Let my Cameron go.; 2. driver; 3. dancing; 4. two; 5. rain; 6. Victor; 7. speed; 8. horns.)