We're less than 48 hours away from the kick off of this weekend's 48 Hour Film Project - are you registered?
Event producers Kerri and Coco Bermudez share the top fifteen reasons to make a 48 hour film -
15. You dare to dream big and want to prove it.
14. It's fun to laugh at sleep-deprived friends.
13. By Sunday evening, you'll have a film of your own and we'll pop it on the big screen.
12. You might have the Best Film of Tampa-St. Petersburg and win Movie Magic software.
11. You have a growing desire to help support the coffee industry.
10. You'll challenge yourself and push past your normal boundaries.
09. You could be screening at Filmapalooza where you'll receive a snazzy trophy.
08. What else are you going to do? Clean your garage?!?
07. It's a wild roller coaster weekend of fun.
06. Your film might screen at Cannes Film Festival.
05. Studies suggest it's less painful than a root canal.
04. It's a great way to meet other filmmakers to collaborate with.
03. You could make the Best Film of the world-wide 2010 48 Hour Film Project and win $3000 & GenArts Sapphire, the gold standard for visual effects ($1700 value)!
02. Who needs sleep anyway?
01. You call tell everyone that you had a better weekend than they did!!
The films will be screened at Channelside Cinemas on Wednesday, July 21, 2010. Group A screens at 630pm and Group B kicks off at 900pm. Tickets are $10 (CASH ONLY). Get there early as the theater typically sells out.
Good luck to everyone participating in this weekend's competition. I can't wait to see your work on the big screen next week. Stay tuned for more Tampa Bay film related things to do in Tampa Bay!
- 5 Ways to Unlock Tampa Bay (344)
- Arts & Culture (136)
- Attractions (14)
- Cruise (9)
- Dining & Nightlife (172)
- Family Fun (18)
- Festivals & Events (283)
- gasparilla (1)
- Holiday (1)
- Hotels (40)
- Meetings & Conventions (65)
- Pirate (1)
- Reasons to Visit Tampa Bay in October (1)
- Sports & Outdoor Recreation (108)
- TalkLikeAPirate (1)
- Tampa Bay Gems (5)
- Things to Do (14)
- This Week in Tampa Bay (285)